Since the Internet has been so slow and difficult I have a little catch up so today pictures are still stuff from home. I know that what you really want to see is pictures from China but be patient I will work on it more today and tomorrow and the next day. Since I haven't had the time to post many photos yet I will share a bit about what we have been doing below:
We have been in a temporary apartment since we arrived on August 4th. The apartment has all the amenities we need but is really small. We found a house in a great ex-pat community a little outside of town that will give us the space to be comfortable that we move into on Sunday, September 4th.
We haven't done a lot of sight seeing because we have spent a lot of time searching for a house, and just getting to know our surroundings. The kids love school. Soon I will post of video of Mia, she can already count to ten in Chinese which she came home on the second day of school saying! Blaine is playing soccer (I know lacrosse and hockey friends - crazy for him) but he's making do. He got the goalie position over two other kids that had played goalie before! I have done some shopping, one day to the pearl market. Anything here that is a market is a giant mall of shops and each shops sells the same or similar items. So, the pearl market has 5 stories or shops selling pearls, or beads, or jewelry of some sort. I will post some photos of this soon too! Overall, we are having fun and gettting along great!
Hi Petrella family! We are thinking of you and hope you're doing great in China. Can't wait to see your pictures and hear about your adventures.
ReplyDeleteDoes Blaine have an email address? If so, I can pass it along to Jackson so the boys can stay in touch. Classes started today for the 7th graders, so I'm sure all of Blaine's friends were thinking of him today. :)
Take care and stay in touch!
Shauna